Though this isn't quite fit for winter wear, you can surely wear this in the spring, summer, and fall, during those times when it's warm with a brisk breeze that might send small shivers down your spine (perhaps a few goosebumps).
These are stylish capelets made from old felted sweaters. A capelet is defined as a small cape usually covering the shoulders, in which this case, that's exactly what this capelet is. It's really good at covering you just a little bit, keeping you warm around the neck area.
To start off, you need to turn a sweater into felt. On purpose, or by accident.
Claire Townsend of SmallStars had a very bad day at the laundromat a while back. Despite being a costume designer and handling fabric for a living, she's not always careful with her own stuff. Some of her vintage sweaters from the 1950s and '60s accidentally made their way into a dryer full of jeans. They came out much smaller and very felted. And that started the perfect idea of the felted capelet. See the whole blog post on Etsy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades