Materials: Scrap fabric, elastic thread, cardboard, scissors, cellophane tape, and other bits and bobs ie feathers, buttons Draw around a cellophane tape three times. Cut out the three circles. For the rim: Take a circle. Place a notch on top of the circe. Place the circle at the start of the cardboard strip. Roll it as straight as you can. When the notch gets back to the bottom, that's how long the strip needs to be. Decide how tall you want the hat. Make it an inch. Take the strip and make it double the width you want your hat to be. Along the bottom half, cut out triangles. They will be folded to make the top of the hat. Take a circle and the strip and fold and tape the strip around the circle. Make the last one very secure to avoid an uneven surface. Place second circle on top of the fabric. Place the hat upside down in the center of the fabric on the wrong side of the fabric. Tape the fabric to the hat. Make two small cardboard squares with holes in the middle. Thread elastic through holes in the cardboard. Attach it to the base of the hat. Make sure the hat fits comfortably. Take the third circle and place inside the hat and secure with double sided tape. Decorate.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades