Shiho Masuda demonstrates how to make a T-shirt pochette using recycled materials in this video. You will need an old T-shirt, gardening twine (or leather strap), needle and thread, a ruler, a scissors and a pencil. First, sketch the dimension of your pochette on the T-shirt, staying about 1 inch from the sides of the collar. Next, cut along the lines (save the excess material). Flip the T-shirt inside out and sew the sides together, leaving 1 inch at the top for shoulder straps. Now flip the T-shirt inside out again. Using the excess material, sketch and cut out the shape shown in the video. Sew along the base, leaving about 1/4 inches from the bottom and pull the thread to create a flower corsage. Attach the corsage to the pochette. Next, cut the gardening twine into three strips of equal length (the length of each strip is the length of the strap you want). Tie the strips together 2 inches from the end and braid the twine. Tie a knot 2 inches from the other end when you are done. Attach the braided strap to the pochette on both sides with a double knot and you have made yourself a T-shirt pochette. You may choose to use a leather strap instead of the twine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades