Turn your old t-shirts into pillow covers.
You will need:
Cushion – 14" x 14"
Rotary cutter or scissors
Colored chalk to mark fabric
• First, cut around the T-shirt. Then, cut the front of the T-shirt avoiding the neck and the sleeves.
• Cut the top part of the shirt using a ruler to remove the neck cut. Measure a 12.5" x 12.5" square on the cloth and cut it out. If there is a design on the T-shirt, it is good to use this part as the front of the cushion.
• Now, we will cut out the pieces for the back of the cushion. For this, take the back part of the cut T-shirt and just like the cut to the front part, cut out the neck and the sleeves to get a rectangular piece of cloth.
• Measure an 18" x 12.5" piece on the cloth and cut it out. Then, cut across the long side 9 inches to get two equal rectangles. Now, all the three pieces are ready to be stitched.
• Take one of the small rectangles (back part) and hem along the long side by folding in the edges twice. This has to be a bit broad.
• Then, you have to arrange the three pieces to stitch around the sides to form the cushion cover. First, place the front part with the design side facing up. On top of this, place the small rectangle without the hemming first, and then on top of this place the second hemmed rectangle. These rectangles will be overlapping each other in such a way that they cover the entire front part cloth below.
• Now you can put a temporary pin in and stitch all four sides of the cushion. After stitching, turn the cushion inside out and try it on the cushion.
• If it fits well, turn it inside out and you can do zig-zag stitch on the sides of the cushion to lock the stitches.
• Now your own T-shirt pillow cover is ready!
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course