Uh-mazing...London based designer team Francesca Rosella and Ryan Genz have created a dress embroidered with 24,000 LEDs.
"'We used the smallest full-color LEDs, flat like paper, andmeasuring only 2 by 2 mm,' said the designers. 'The circuits are extra-thin, flexible andhand-embroidered on a layer of silk in a way that gives it stretch sothe LED fabric can move like normal fabric with lightness andfluidity.'
To diffuse the LED light, the dress has four layers of silk chiffonand a pleated silk organza crinoline skirt. The extra-thin electronicsallow the dress to follow the body shape closely like normal fabric.
Instead of having one large and heavy battery, the dress is designedto run on many tiny iPod batteries hiding in the crinoline. 'They are not visible or uncomfortable,' says Rosella.
With the batteries, the Galaxy Dress wearer can walk around — all lit up — for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour."
This dress is too cool. I'd have to say cooler (and less painful) than previously: Geeky-Hot Torturous LED Lashes.
Check out the images below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades