Prada is genius. If you're a hater, you've never been to the flagship store on Broadway in NYC. The fashion powerhouse enlisted the Office for Metropolitan Architecture and Rem Koolhaas to design the space, a stunning retail location with impeccable service, rotating installations, beautiful architectural details, hypnotizing music, and a gigantic, monolithic glass elevator. (You can go on an interactive tour here).
Outside of Prada's incredible mastery of the retail experience, their most recent wares to hit the runway are also quite amazing. Bold, bright, cool and chic, the SS11 collection is infectiously fun and hip.
Most of us cannot afford the luxury of Prada, so to get a free taste of Prada's spring season banarama, Elle magazine's Collections SS2011 issue has provided DIY origami instructions for folding your own banana earrings, as worn by Miuccia Prada as she took her runway exit in Milan last September.
Available in the magazine but not online, the Bibelotphile has generously uploaded a scanned image from the print issue. Simply print or view online, and follow instructions. Click on the image to magnify.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades