Inspired by Jules Verne sea demons, Bea Szenfeld's "Sur la Plage" collection includes 12 pieces handcrafted with cardboard. The idea of unconventional material constraints is a classic art school "test", as well as a typical (and somewhat tired) formula for competitive design reality shows. However, Szenfeld's garments do transcend the material and would surely win any Project Runway challenge.
Strictly for runway: these garments are not wearable or washable.
The compact cardboard is cut and fold into tiny architectural concoctions, which are assemble together by hand into incredible creations that leads your mind to Jules Vernes fictitious sea demons.
Among the rolling waves and inhabited islands appears also the mythological folklore of the seamen. It is a male dominated existence with water sprits and sea nymphs that fascinates and seduces the men and drags them into the deep seas and rivers. With this simple resources as paper Bea has created a beautiful and delicate collection of garments. Dreamlike textures and elaborately layers wisps, precise paper cuts and expressive forms. Everything is pleated, stuck, sewed, and glued by hand.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades